Friday, December 4, 2009

Here Goes Nuttin'

Welcome to Quietly Warped. I'm Paul, and I'll be your host for this evening. And hopefully, many evenings to come.

Why a blog? Why me? These are both good questions... now put your hand down and shut up...I'm talking here...

I started this blog basically to do two things. One, to force myself to write again. It's been far too long. Also, to force myself to write things people will actually read. Granted, I don't expect a following, and the few people that check out this blog won't be hyper-critical (Hi Ma! Look at me! I'm on the Internets!). But still, I need to have in the back of my mind that someone might one day, in a bout of drunken random typing, find this blog and actually read it. I can't crumple this up and throw it in the trash. It's out there...I have to take it seriously, and actually practice what I once wanted to be my craft.

The opinions expressed here are purely my own. They may surprise some of you who know me. At least, I hope they will. This won't work for me, unless I can dig a little deeper into myself than I usually like to do, and let others see more of myself than I usually allow. Don't worry, this doesn't mean there will be naked pictures of me appearing here. That would not only be illegal, but just plain wrong on a lot of levels, artistic and gastronomic not being the least.

A few warnings...I am an unapologetic liberal (a few of us still exist, and are allowed to roam freely on the preserve). I am much more angry than I usually let people see...I have been pretty successful at hiding that fact, though less and less as I get older. My language will probably hit PG-13, might on occasion stray into R. I am a spiritual person, but feel that is the one area in life that is wholly my own. I won't comment on your relationship to your religion, you aren't allowed to comment on mine. If you try to blow people up for your religion, however, well, you're just an asshole... no real debate there. I am a straight male. I mention this only because that is how I have to look at the world. You look at the world however it suits you, I really don't mind at all.

And probably my worst crime...I use three dots much too often in my writing. Sue me.

I hope you stick with me...I can't say how often I will post, but I'm going to try for at least twice weekly. I want people to read this. I want to get myself out there, so maybe I can actually write some stuff that will show up on that paper stuff... I think they used to call them books and magazines.

Here goes nuttin'...


No comments:

Post a Comment